Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Persuaders

The Persuaders 

"The Persuaders" is most certainly an eye-opening documentary. I never would have imagined that companies put that much effort into each advertisement or how hard it is to make something appeal to people.

I find it very interesting how companies use emotion to grab the attention of each viewer. As soon as I thought about it, I realized how easy it works to pull the heartstrings of viewers just to get them to buy their product or donate to them.

ASPCA does a great job of using emotion to get people to donate to their organization. And now everyone knows about their commercials because they work so well.

"The Persuaders" discussed many other forms of advertisements. The documentary mentioned how the way advertisements are made are constantly changing and how more and more people are seeing the ads on TV people are able to skip them now.

Because most people are not watching TV commercials anymore companies have started placing their products in the shows and movies. I think that this idea is genius because most people are not watching commercials and now they are seeing products in their favorite shows.

This documentary opened my eyes to many different ways to appeal to the masses and "The Persuaders" had some great points such as:


  • Everywhere we look, we see advertisements. We cannot escape companies attempts to pitch their products to us. Ads are in our favorite shows, all over the internet, and everywhere in between.
  • The usage of words is incredibly important. Using a wrong word can change the way a person looks at the company. And using the right words can turn a person on to a company.
  • Advertisements are continually changing and every company is looking for new ways to appeal to people. Companies have to be very creative when thinking of ways to pitch their products.
On my honor, I watched "The Persuaders" in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment